•  » Announcments
  •  » . I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't levera

#1 2018-11-28 08:39:45

yaya2017
Devloper Pro
Dev Dollars: 1,275
Bank: 0

. I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't levera

There are currently over three thousand startups listed in Crunchbase’s “community” category. Many of these have secured millions of dollars in funding. In the current climate, community means business.I talked to her about what it means to build a business that is community-based and how organic growth, collaboration and prioritizing value have led to the CCNYC’s success.Start small and aim for organic growth.But beyond the warm and Nike Air Max 95 Mujerfuzzies of connection, ambitious millennials Nike Air Max Thea Femme have found ways to leverage this generational shift.  Membership no longer requires a formal invitation—the group Nike Air Max 270 Damen uses Instagram and Eventbrite now—but it is still very much a safe space Nike Air Force 1 Femme for creatives of color to express themselves. The rapid growth wasn’t something Imani saw coming, but she sensed there was a need. “If there hadn't been an appetite for this type of community, I'm not sure we would have outgrown my apartment,” she says.From a young age, I was taught the value of education. Throughout my childhood, my parents reminded me that education is the only thing that cannot be taken away from you.Those benefits gave me an opportunity that many young adults in this country do not have: the opportunity to graduate college debt-free.

Unlike networking groups and social clubs, the  CCNYC community isn’t restricted by gender,  profession or whether or not someone has #entrepreneurshipgoals. www.alejandraperez.es In fact, the group’s strength lies in the fact that it is Nike Air Max 95 Femmea mixture of right- and left-brain creative types who fill in the gaps Nike Dunk Sky High Womens for each other. “I know that my weaknesses is finance,” Imani says, “but I have friends who work in finance who I can tap into. I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't leverage those connections to make better and more informed decisions.” She fully accepts the notion that the community is as strong as the people they surround themselves with.The CCNYC has scaled not only from the contributions of its founding members but also from the ideas and talents of its community members. It hosted its first conference, CultureCon, at Samsung’s Manhattan office/event space this past October. The Nike Air Max 2017 Womens event, advertised as a “1-day creative and ideas Nike Air Force 1 Donne conference bringing together creative folk and entrepreneurs www.annasantander.es to inspire the next generation of world-changing doers,” ran Nike Air Max 2017 Femme with the help of twenty-five volunteers and the contributions from thirty  sponsors.

Speakers were all influential creators of color, including Symone Sanders, political strategist and former national press secretary for Bernie Sanders; Jason Mayden, entrepreneur and former Jordan brand director; Lauren Maillian, entrepreneur, author and VC; and iconic film director Spike Lee. When asked how she was able to score the filmmaker, Imani tells the story of a CCNYC member who connected them. “He said he really loved what we were doing and thought that Spike would be a great fit for us. And my first reaction was, ‘Spike who!?’"  she recounts with a chuckle as she is  reminded of how absurd but awesome it felt at the time.Nike Air Max 90 Womens  “It’s the kind of the story that speaks to how the people Nike Air VaporMax Mujer in the community find ways to contribute because the community means Nike Air Huarache Mujer something to them,” she says. Whether it was free food or making the introduction for the event space, the conference was fueled by the meaningful connections within the community.

2018-11-28 08:39:45

AdBot
Advertisements
  • Index
  •  » Announcments
  •  » . I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't levera

Adverts

Board footer